Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various:
Housekeeper is responsible for the housekeeping duties of the building and rooms.
- Cleans, straightens and picks up trash in commons areas, offices and public rest rooms, to include sinks, toilets, plumbing fixtures, mirrors, furniture and replenishes soap and paper products.
- Cleans, straightens and picks up trash in apartments and apartment rest rooms to including sinks, showers, toilets, plumbing fixtures, mirrors and surfaces, replenishing soap and paper products.
- Greets residents, visitors, and staff courteously, respecting individual confidentiality, dignity and rights.
- Vacuums carpets, sweeps and mops floors on a routine basis.
- Ensures that apartments are maintained in a safe, comfortable, and attractive manner, keeping residents' personal items safe.
- Cleans spills, soiled areas, and other conditions as observed or directed.
- Uses cleaners and other hazardous materials according to product instructions and department procedure.
- Follows facility fire safety and infection control practices and promptly report any unsafe conditions or equipment to executive director or maintenance director.
- Coordinates housekeeping services with other departments.
- Ensures that equipment and supply carts are properly maintained and properly stored and that storage areas are kept clean and safe.
- Cleans exterior windows, patios, or other outside areas as assigned.
- Assists others with lifting, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with seniors helpful.
- Ability to understand verbal directions and read written instructions.
- Able to communicate with residents on a daily basis.
- Ability to add and subtract simple numbers
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.