POSITION SUMMARY The purpose of this position is to become familiar with the duties and responsibilities of the Parts Manager, serve as a backup when the Parts Manager is not available.
Responsible for assisting the Parts Manager in the daily operation of the branch’s parts department in compliance with established policies and procedures. Assists with the activities of the parts department to ensure the overall growth and profit objectives are achieved. Performs administrative and supervisory tasks as directed by the Parts Manager. Assists all Parts Department staff in maintaining the highest quality standards of professionalism in serving the customer and identifying their needs.
- Reviews the Accounts Receivable and Cash Sales reports and performs research and reconciliation as needed for adherence to established standards.
- Monitors Paccar Parts discount coupon transactions and redemptions for full participation by all staff members and reconciles credit statements for accuracy and full reimbursement.
- Performs filter manufacture rebate submissions and reconciles credit statements.
- Monitors departmental activities and facilities for full compliance of established safety and security standards. Insures housekeeping is maintained to company standards for efficient operation of the department at all times and that results in a clean, safe and attractive work environment.
- Monitors the operation and maintenance of company assets including vehicle and equipment. Tracks and schedules preventive maintenance as required. Insures vehicles are clean and exteriors and interiors are maintained to company standards.
- Monitors the Elite Extra dashboard for efficiency of the delivery process to meet the established customer service standards
- Monitors department employee training results against the established goals including Paccar Parts and vendor training.
- Serves as a backup resource for Payroll processing on behalf of the Parts Manager as needed.
- Responsible to monitor and take action as needed to assure that Parts Core, Eztrac and customer parts returns procedures and receivables are maintained to company standards.
- Maintains the sales floor merchandising to departmental standards.
- Monitors and tracks the Parts Warranty process to insure that policies and procedures are adhered to and that customer service level is maintained to company standard
- Assists the Parts Manager in maintaining departmental and company policies and practices, which will ensure positive customer relations.
- Assists in maintaining a work schedule to effectively and efficiently cover all open hours
- Assist with formulating annual and monthly sales/profit objectives and expense budget in accordance with company objectives
- Assist in reviewing and appraising the results of activities within the department and takes appropriate action as necessary.
- Become familiar with the activities of competition, market conditions and department operations; keep the Parts Manager informed weekly.
- Assist in department employee reviews as requested by the Parts Manager
- Perform any dealership business related tasks as assigned by the Parts Manager or Branch Manager.
- Preferred - Five years’ experience in medium and heavy-duty truck parts
- Must display strong leadership, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced business environment.
- Computer skills in Outlook and MS Office(Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Ability and desire to complete training in business analytical methods, product knowledge, inventory control and personnel management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Preferred – College Diploma or equivalent.