Harris Industrial Gases is seeking one experienced local Driver - CDL Class A with HAZMAT/Tanker Endorsement to join our team.
The Class-A Driver position will deliver products to local customers on a scheduled route or intermittently. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Listens to and resolves service inquires and complaints. Engage in loading/unloading truck procedures. Performs pre and post trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensures all safety items are in good working order. Maintains neat, clean and professional personal appearance, and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
- Safely perform SOPs
- Communicate in person with customers regarding any and all SOPs.
- Maintain load manifests and all other vehicle documents, ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
- Maintain appropriate driver's license/endorsements.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 8 hours; frequent bending also required.
- Ability to drive a forklift, forklift safety training will be provided.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must have basic computer experience
- Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for drivers.
- Must be able to operate in an alcohol and drug-free workplace.
- Must be able to work overtime if necessary.
Other Duties as Required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
- Class A CDL with some CMV experience --- experience must be within the last 4 years and tanker/hazmat endorsements are required before hire date
- Graduation from an accredited truck driving school with diploma will count as 1 year of required experience
- No preventable accidents of any kind in the last 3 years
- No more than 2 minor tickets in the last 3 years
- No serious violation ticket (speeding 15 , reckless driving, etc.) in the last 3 years
- No suspensions of CDL in the last 3 years
- No DUI in the last 7 years
- Effective verbal communication and ability to read and interpret documents such as customer orders, emails exchanged, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the Company.
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs. or more
- Experience in industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding supplies and related equipment preferred but not required.
- Experience in handling compressed gas cylinders preferred but not required.
FULL TIME! $18/HR To start DOE!