Serves as an Emergency Management Specialist in order to provide mission program support to the National Guard Bureau (NGB). Performs other duties as assigned.
Any questions regarding this position, please call this number: 703-607-0001
Details of the duties and responsibilities are contained in the applicable position description located online. For a complete position description for this position, go to the FASCLASS website:https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Conditions of Employment
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation. Selectee will not be appointed untill investigation is complete.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory security clearance, AND, as a minimum, a completed National Agency Check (NAC) prior to assignment.
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- Irregular and overtime hours may be required to support operational requirements or contingencies.
- The employee may be required to travel in military and/or commercial aircraft/vehicle to perform temporary duty assignments.
- Must have a valid driver?s license.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
- The duties of your job may significantly impact the environment. You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
- Drug testing for this position is mandatory.
YOU MUST FULLY SUBSTANTIATE IN YOUR OWN WORDS THAT YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW. WHEN EXPLAINING MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE YOU MUST GIVE EXAMPLES. DO NOT COPY FROM THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT OR THE POSITION DESCRIPTION. EXPLAIN IT IN YOUR OWN WORDS AND GIVE EXAMPLES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS VACANCY.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: All series personnel must be certified at the next higher level before being eligible for that level and must have a minimum of one year on-the-job experience in the grade immediately below the next higher level. An applicant must have a validated understanding of the basic principles and concepts of the occupational series and grade.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 36 Months of the following experience: Serves as an expert planner, coordinator, and advisor for agency policy regarding Emergency Management planning and operations to ensure the organization can accomplish mission essential functions across all phases of Emergency Management, in an all-hazards environment. Develops and coordinates plans; and, interprets and implements federal policy directives. Schedules, plans, and coordinates continuity exercises. When tasked, undertakes special studies, direct projects, and carries-out assigned missions of the highest priority. Applies a wide variety of analytical tools such as, Adaptive Planning and Execution (APEX); Life Cycle Forecasting; Capability Maturity Modeling; Performance Matrices; Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis; Program Evaluation Review Techniques (PERT); and, Decision Logic Theory and Tables to evaluate and determine all available options. Reviews the exercise plans from DoD, Departments of the Army and Air Force, Joint Staff, and the National Guard Bureau. Must have experience in communications.
-Must have a high school diploma or general education development (GED) diploma.