Applied Research Solutions is seeking a full-time Software Designer located at El Segundo, CA. The Software Designer's primary function will be to support the Space and Missile Systems Center.
- Lead design on your product team across the entire product lifecycle (everything from discovering and defining the problem to iterating on a product in production)
- Define the vision for the user experience and involve teammates in the design process
- Advocate for user value and balance that with business value, portfolio value, and technical complexity
- Work with your team to define product vision, strategy, roadmap, and backlog
- Seek user feedback constantly while balancing when you can build in risk
- Seek collaboration with my product manager and understanding the balance of when to include them and when to move it forward
- Seek collaboration with my engineers and understanding the balance of when to include them and when to move it forward
Qualification/Technical Experience Requirements:
- U.S. Citizenship - Active Secret clearance is preferred and Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with DCID 6/4 Eligibility security clearance is desired.
- Product “Full Stack” Designers ensure we are building products that meet user needs. Sometimes referred to as an “Empathizer in Chief”, Product Designers act as the main conduit to the user community. DevOps designers cover a wide variety of skills to be successful including user research, experience and interaction design, as well as visual design.
- By practicing User Centered Design (UCD), designers act as an intelligent filter for user feedback and ensure that their teams tackle the highest value.
- As a part of a Balanced Team with Product Managers and Engineers, designers work collaboratively with their teammates to determine design priorities, refine a backlog and roadmap, and validate the technical complexity of their designs.
- Proficient in two or more languages to Python, Redux, Linux, C++, C#, PHP, SQL, Pyramid, Django, Flash, Ruby on Rails, or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent Technical Training with hands-on experience desired.