Founded in 1973, Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is a leading US-owned security company, providing a full range of physical security services to government and commercial customers on four continents. Inter-Con (ICS) provides custom client solutions tailored to quality with the flexibility to operate in highly complex environments. The firm specializes in providing tailored services to clients whose needs exceed the sophistication and expertise of traditional guard firms. Inter-Con remains under family ownership and control and operates as the industry leader in the field of customized, high-requirement security solutions. Inter-Con employs over 25,000 security personnel world-wide, trained and managed by a team of professionals with unsurpassed military, law enforcement, and security experience.
Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters.
The Dispatcher will report directly to the Contract Manager. The major responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following duties:
- Receive emergency calls from the public requesting police or other emergency service; determine nature and location of emergency, determine priority and dispatch emergency units as necessary and in accordance with established procedures
- Coordinate emergency calls and relay information and assistance requests involving other public safety agencies
- Maintain contact with all units on assignment; maintain status and location of patrol field units along with standing post
- Answer non-emergency and maintenance service calls for assistance
- Perform a variety of record keeping, filing, and other general clerical work; maintain a variety of documents relating to public safety activities; prepare related reports as requested
- Learn departmental policies and procedures for service requests
- Learn geographic feature and streets within the area served
- Learn police codes, practices and methods
- Work under pressure, exercise good judgment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Effectively and courteously deal with the public
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Perform any other tasks or functions deemed necessary to the daily operations of the employer
- Requires graduation from high school equivalent of high school diploma and 2 years of general clerical experience
- Ability to type at the rate of 45 wpm
- Must be have outstanding organizational skills
- Must be a strong communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills
Other Requirements or Competencies
- Job operates in a professional office environment in an open area cubicle with lots of noise heavy traffic
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, etc
- Position requires prolonged sitting, twisting, turning, bending, in the performance of daily office activities
- The position also requires grasping, repetitive hand movement and finger coordination in preparing statistical reports and data, using a computer keyboard
- Additionally, the position requires near and far vision in reading correspondence and using the computer, and acute hearing when providing phone and counter service to the public
- Open availability Nights, Weekends, Holidays and overtime as directed (overtime is often)
- Work various shifts and Holidays as assigned
- Must maintain flexibility regarding job assignments, including other departments, locations, and mandatory overtime
- Time flexibility depending on the needs of the company
- Ability to work any shift in a 24-hour/day, 7-day/week operation on a rotational basis
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is an affirmative action employer who provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.