Inter-Con is one of the largest privately held security companies in the world, employing tens of thousands of individuals not only throughout the United States, but also across 20 countries and four continents. We provide large-scale, comprehensive security solutions to businesses, governments and public utilities whose security needs exceed the capabilities of traditional “guard companies.” At Inter-Con, we commit to security excellence and are proud to be “Everywhere that Security Matters.”
We maintain a distinguished client list which includes federal, state, and local governments, multinational corporations, public utilities, and high net worth individuals. Internationally, we have developed into the premier provider of diplomatic security services, safeguarding dozens of United States Embassies and other embassy locations around the world.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is an affirmative action employer who provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. We recognize that our employees are our greatest asset. All our employees are selectively recruited, rigorously screened, and professionally trained to perform above and beyond industry standards. We are committed to creating an environment in which our employees can thrive, succeed, and enhance their careers.
- Constant or frequent personal surveillance of the secured areas
- Close observation of persons within the secured areas to detect evidence of damage, misuse or theft of property
- Monitoring equipment deliveries and construction contractor activities
- Close visual inspections of persons and vehicles entering and exiting the secured areas to ensure that nothing is either introduced or removed without proper documentation
- Reporting persons suspected of committing illegal or unauthorized acts
- Immediately reporting any unsafe or potentially unsafe conditions that could cause fires, explosions, collapses and other hazards by close and detailed observation of buildings, building equipment, supplies, vehicles and personnel within secured areas or as detailed in post orders
- Prohibiting unauthorized personnel and vehicular access to property
- Enforcing procedures to report trespassers on property, and being properly trained to apprehend as specified by established by local post orders
- Monitoring and responding to alarm system communications (phone calls, duress alarms, computer-generated alarms, etc.).
- Demonstrating good presence of mind and the ability to make timely decisions
- Notifying appropriate agencies and company management personnel as per local post orders.
- Conduct interior and exterior patrols within an office, industrial complex or at construction sites. Perform parking lot patrols
- Check all personnel entering facilities. Log in all visitors, vehicles and vendors. Issue visitor badges as required. Maintain security, visitor logs and other records. Administer access control over vehicles entering garages or other parking structures
- Participate in assigned position as part of the building fire and emergency action plan.
- Use Thomas Brothers Street Guide or MapQuest type electronic mapping software and facility list to locate company facilities
- Prepare and submit security reports that are legible, accurate and complete and provide assistance to investigators as required
- Respond as directed to alarms and company emergencies in a timely manner
- Respond to crowd and traffic control duties during emergency conditions as directed by management
- Make all communication check-in calls on time or account for absence prior to the check-in time
- Communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally, in writing, and over various communications systems
- Have reliable transportation
- Physically capable of performing the assigned work
- Exhibit good general health without physical defects or abnormalities which would interfere with the performance of duties under this contract
- Be able to meet all applicable licensing, registration and certification requirements in the state in which the officer's assigned facility is located
- Prepare and submit security reports that are legible, accurate and complete
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Submit to background investigation
- Submit to drug screening (5 panel)
- Submit to DMV records check
- Submit to an industry-approved psychological testing
- Free of any criminal convictions
- Complete an online security questionnaire
- Must be able to use a Thomas Brothers Street Guide or MapQuest type of electronic mapping software
- Must be able to operate a hand-held radio, cell phone or other communication devices as needed
- Basic computer skills
Education & Experience:
Licensing, Permits & Certifications:
- Valid California Driver’s License
- California Security Guard Registration Card
- Certified in First Aid, CPR, AED, NERC training (where needed, within 45 days of assignment)
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Well-proportioned as to height and weight and be in good general health without physical defects which would interfere with the performance of duties.
- In possession of binocular vision, correctable to 20/30 (Snellen).
- Able to distinguish between standard colors.
- Capable of hearing ordinary conversation at 20 feet. The use of
- hearing aids is permissible.
- Able to perform normal or emergency duties requiring moderate to arduous exertion such as:
- climbing stairs or ladders, lifting or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds, running short distances and self-defense