Dept of Veterans Affairs, Vet Center Program

  • San Bernardino, CA, USA

Vet Centers are community-based counseling centers that provide a wide range of social and psychological services, including professional readjustment counseling to eligible Veterans, active duty service members, including National Guard and Reserve components, and their families. Readjustment counseling is offered to make a successful transition from military to civilian life or after a traumatic event experienced in the military. Individual, group, marriage and family counseling is offered in addition to referral and connection to other VA or community benefits and services. Vet Center counselors and outreach staff, many of whom are Veterans themselves, are experienced and prepared to discuss the tragedies of war, loss, grief and transition after trauma.



Dept of Veterans Affairs, Vet Center Program San Bernardino, CA, USA
Feb 14, 2019
Part time
Can I be a part of the work-study program? Post-9/11 GI Bill (Veterans and family members using transferred benefits) Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty (MGIB-AD) and Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) Veterans’ Educational Assistance Program (VEAP) Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance program  ( Note:  Dependents who qualify under 38 U.S.C. Chapter 35 may use work study only while enrolled at a school in one of the 50 states.) National Call to Service Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment program   Can I be a part of the work-study program? You can be a part of VA’s work-study program if you’re enrolled at least three-quarter time at an institution of higher learning and: There’s an open job either at a nearby VA facility or in a VA-related role at your school,  and You can finish the work-study contract while you still qualify for education benefits,  and You’re using one of these VA education benefits: How much will I earn? You’ll earn an hourly wage that’s the same as the federal minimum wage or your state minimum wage, whichever is greater. If you’re in a work-study job at a college or university, your school may pay you the difference between the amount we pay and the amount the school normally pays other work-study students doing the same job. You may elect to be paid in advance for 40% of the hours in your work-study agreement, or for 50 hours, whichever is fewer. After you’ve worked the hours covered by your first payment, we’ll pay you each time you finish 50 hours of service, or biweekly, whichever comes first. You may work during or between enrollment periods. The total number of hours you work during your enrollment can’t be more than 25 times the number of weeks in your enrollment period. Who’s covered? Veterans Qualified dependents using education benefits   Natasha Glynn