Vortex is the leader in Doors/Security Products, Storefront Glass/Glazing, Access Controls and Material Handling Equipment for Commercial, Industrial and Retail Facilities. These products and services are in high demand for all private and public business sectors from Fortune 500 companies to small and emerging businesses. Our diverse list of products and services allows variety and different challenges every day at Customer’s sites while providing solutions to keep them safe and efficient.
In the US our headquarters is in Irvine, California and have 29 Service locations across the Western US. Due to our continued expansion and growth, we now have an opportunity for a full-time Service Technician.
Who you are:
As a Service Technician, you will be responsible for the installation, service, and repair of all Vortex products while providing exceptional Customer Service.
- Represent and support Vortex in the field, through product installations, repair or replacement, according to Vortex schedules, procedures, and standards
- Complete product installation, repair, and inspection as directed
- Follow and comply with processes and procedures while working alone or with others
- Read and understand job orders in order to complete jobs fully and correctly
- Participation in an on-call rotation is required
- Other duties as required
You’re great at:
- Clear communication: An ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and written is essential
- Interpersonal skills: Balances Customer’s and Company’s needs to make sure that the Customer is satisfied, keeps cool under pressure, and builds a reputation as a person who is consistent and direct while still seeking to be helpful
- Organization and Time Management: Keeps focused on important activities, keeps truck and workspace at Customer site organized and clean, and ensures that company rules are understood and follows them consistently
What you must have:
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Experience: 0 to 5 year’s related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience
- Other required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to read, understand, and comprehend documents such as work instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively and interact with team members and leadership
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in a situation
- A good driving record with valid driver's license
- Some experience in field service preferred
- Some experience in customer training preferred
- Must have basic computer knowledge
- Physical Demands:
- Required to climb and stand on ladders, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Required to work with tools while reaching above your head for extended periods of time
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs. 75lbs may be required in some instances
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive market-based salary
- A comprehensive training program
- Healthcare, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, and PTO
- Full-time shifts are available between Vortex business hours of 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM; Monday through Friday.