- High school or equivalent
Required licenses or certifications:
- BSIS Guard Card
- BSIS Exposed Firearms Permit
- Conduct foot patrols.
- Provide access control.
- Effectively identify false identification cards.
- Patrol and maintain general security of assigned property as described in Post Orders.
- Monitor small groups of people to identify abnormal behavior that could lead to possible disturbances.
- Utilize a smart phone or similar device to maintain a Daily Activity Report, and create Incident and Facility Maintenance Reports.
- Work under general supervision of Field Supervisor and Account Manager.
- Maintain consistent performance, attendance, uniform appearance, and professional grooming.
- Maintain professional communications and relations with clients and colleagues.
- Adhere to client confidentiality agreements.
- Respond to emergency calls including medical, fire and damage to property.
- Use two-way portable radio or company cell phone to communicate with the security dispatcher or other security officers.
- MUST HAVE a valid California State Guard Registration (guard card).
- MUST HAVE a valid BSIS exposed firearms permit, baton permit and chemical agent permit.
- MUST be able to pass a background check after conditional offer is given.
- MUST HAVE 40 hr Training Certificate as required by BSIS.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Has a legal right to work in the United States.
- Has NO history of Felony convictions and is able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to read, understand and carry out written orders, policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions with little to no shelter.
- Ability to walk or stand for up to 12 hrs without relief.
- MUST be available for nights, weekends and holidays.
- MUST have reliable transportation.
- MUST have reliable means of communication.
- Possess a valid First Aid/CPR card.
- Possess some college.
- Prior military or law enforcement experience.
- Positive attitude, outstanding customer service skills, great people skills, takes initiative.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes.
- Ability to work under pressure.