The Technical Trainer is responsible for preparing, conducting, and evaluating the company’s training program and will train new and existing employees in the skills necessary for managing sales, customers, and branch operations. The Technical Trainer will conduct company audits to assess training needs of employees and develop materials to be used in training programs. The position is expected to ensure that Hirsch Pipe has a workforce that can meet its current and future business objectives, and deliver quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, facilitate, and teach the various software programs: SHIMS, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Organizational Development to plan, track, and update tasks related to training and communication of large technical rollouts.
- Prepare, develop, plan, and organize course materials (including handouts, manuals, exercises, email tips and quick reference guides) on existing core applications, and new product rollouts.
- Design distance learning and Computer Based Training modules, as appropriate.
- Effective at training non-IT users on IT software applications
- Bachelor’s degree in training, information technology, or other related areas
- 2+ years related work experience in technical training (preferred)
- Proven presentation and public speaking skills and experience. Ability to apply a variety of learning concepts and principles directed towards adults.
- Strong knowledge of plumbing supply products, customers and suppliers
- Experience using a computerized point-of-sale or ERP system
- Proven success at effectively training non-IT users on IT software applications
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K + employer match
- Long Term Disability
- Employee purchase program
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday pay
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Profit sharing
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts
- Commuting/travel assistance