Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands of individuals into sustainable employment through programs and services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years. Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving organization and yet we have never been more focused – on our mission, on our people, and on our future. It’s always a GOOD day in SoCal!
Drives tractor/trailers and straight trucks as assigned to deliver and/or collect goods.
1. Completes assigned route efficiently
2. Loads, secures and unloads goods
3. Regularly inspects vehicle and fills out daily inspection forms
4. Ensures all related paperwork is filled out correctly
5. Complies with company safety procedures and Department of Motor Vehicles regulations
6. Reports unsafe conditions to supervisor
7. Exchanges donation trailers
8. Presents friendly, cooperative attitude
9. Maintains well-groomed appearance at all times
10. Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner
1. Able to lift 50 lbs.
2. Must have a valid California Class A driver’s license
3. Driving records must meet the requirements of company’s insurance carrier
4. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
1. 2-3 years of Class A driving experience
2. Good communication skills with pleasant customer service attitude
3. Able to work without supervision
4. Able to read, speak and write Basic English
5. Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations for job duties in accordance with Federal and State law.
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees.
Employment decisions will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination against qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or applicant.
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify the Human Resources Department.
Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a disability.
Other details Job Family Transportation and Logistics Pay Type Hourly Hiring Rate $24.00