Contracts Administrator Position Overview:
Administers a variety of contract types, including CPFF, CPIF, FFP, and time and materials in accordance with established company and government policies. Oversees, tracks and obtains disposition of government and customer property, in addition to directly providing regular input into proposals. Collaborates with buyers on complex contracts as the subcontracts liaison to ensure efforts are appropriately managed on a day to day basis.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job, however it is not an exhaustive list. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Negotiates terms and conditions, pricing, scope, schedule, milestones, and deliverables for a variety of contracts within the L3 Corporate guidelines.
- Tracks and informs internal and external customers of contract issues including performing to schedule and budget, achieving milestones, providing all agreed upon deliverables, and identifying and creating solutions for items which are out of scope.
- Works closely with Program Managers and attends Program Management Review meetings as required.
- Understands and manages the current status of each contract including customer, product, scope, areas of risk, and challenges.
- Responsible for contract close out which includes facilitating the preparation of final invoices, release documents, and customer property dispositions as well as managing records retention.
- Responsible for Contracts Department’s compliance with records retention requirements and established processes from documentation to coordination with offsite storage vendor.
- Responsible for proposal input relative to Contract Terms and Conditions, Data Rights, Representations and Certifications, and other contractual input in support of new and follow on business activities in response to customer RFPs and unsolicited proposals Attend proposal meetings, to ensure understanding of requirements, while coordinating and collaborating with Proposal Coordinator, engineering team, business development and Program Managers.
- Responsible for working with Proposal Coordinator for tracking and follow up on proposal status and providing post proposal submission support as needed.
- Works closely with purchasing as a subcontracts liaison for complex contracts leading efforts to structure details for SOW preparation of appropriate flow down terms and manage day to day interactions with the customer.
- Attend subcontractor meetings to track progress and ensure subcontractor is meeting deadlines, program costs, overruns, etc, as required, in support of customer requirements.
Government/Customer Property Management:
Track and report on all government and/or customer owned property, ensuring knowledge of its current location at all times.
- Prepare letters to customer to disposition property, as needed.
- Serve as a contract/subcontract resource for customer and government property issues as they are raised.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong risk management skills related to financial operational business and force majeure events
- Strong negotiations skills
- Strong attention to detail and outcome-oriented focus
- Demonstrated project leadership skills by having strong interpersonal and proactive skills
- Ability to be hands on and dig into the details
- Working knowledge of the contracts field
- Proven critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
Basic Qualifications & Education:
- B.A. degree in business administration or other applicable discipline or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Training in contract management/administration and CPCM certification preferred.
- Minimum 10-14 years with BA, 8-12 with MBA hands on experience in contracts administration and proposal preparation.
Minimum Of 3 Years Direct Government Contracts Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of, and the ability to understand and interpret, FAR’s/DFAR’s requirements and apply to contracts.
- Export product knowledge in dealing with overseas product and/or technical data on state of the art products.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to perform data mining and ad hoc reporting.
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective internal and external customer relationships.
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret, International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Pre-employment drug screening and background checks are standard.
- Able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Some repetitive motion activities.
- May be required to lift up to 10 pounds with assistance.
- Typical office environment.
- Able to work extended hours when necessary.
Bringing the future into focus:
L3 Sonoma EO is located in Santa Rosa, CA. L3 Sonoma EO is an established pioneer in military/defense infrared technology. A leader in high technology and engineering services, L3 Sonoma EO is world renowned for its expertise in the areas of Electro Optical / Infrared (EO/IR) stabilized imaging systems. As a first-rank engineering and production company, L3 Sonoma EO is engaged in the design, development, and manufacture of highly-sophisticated electronics equipment that is used in a variety of product areas for government, civil and commercial applications.
L3 Sonoma EO is a dynamic and innovative business, open to new ideas and able to quickly transform new ideas into revolutionary technological improvements and new product offerings. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE:
Headquartered in New York City, L3 Technologies (NYSE: LLL) is the 7th largest Defense Contractor, employs over 45,000 people worldwide, and is a prime contractor in aircraft modernization and maintenance, Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C3ISR) systems and government services. L3 is also a leading provider of high technology products, subsystems and systems.