The Warehouse Worker performs a range of warehousing duties to include operation of warehouse equipment.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Performs storage functions to include the following: picks and pulls MROs; performs inventories; performs location surveys; receives, issues, and stores supplies and equipment.
- Processes customer turn-ins, performs location maintenance, loads and unloads commercial and military vehicles.
- Inspects, verifies and counts supplies and equipment for accuracy, condition, and accountability, and performs limited computer functions as directed or required.
- Performs PMCS on Material Handling Equipment (MHE), i.e., forklifts, pallet jacks, handcarts, and other assigned equipment.
- Operates up to 2½ - ton capacity vehicles, and two (2) to ten-thousand (10,000) pound forklifts (as licensed/qualified) and other MHE.
- Complies with requirements and standards of appropriate regulations, directives, and technical manuals; safety, environmental, and quality standards; and applicable COPs/DOPs.
- Support/participate in the company QA Program.
- Authority to challenge documentation as to accuracy.
- Has “stop work authority” if a safety or potential safety situation occurs.
- Favorably interacts with internal / external customers.
- Complies with all Company rules, policies, procedures.
- Mentors and assists with on-the-job training and cross-training.
- Participates in training and cross-training sessions as required or necessary.
- Performs housekeeping and other job-related duties as assigned. This job description is indicative of the work required for the position, but is not all inclusive of the work required to perform the duties of the position.
- Individual will be required on an “as needed” basis to assist in alternate areas of the project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Obtain specific knowledge of the Standard Army Retail Supply System Level-1 (SARSS1), Material Release Order Control (MROC), Automated Manifest System (AMS) equipment, and the Army Master Data File (AMDF) Digital Inquiring System.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English fluently.
- Other current or OJT trainings to include: New Hire Orientation, Safety Briefing/PPE, HAZCOM, Defensive Driver Course (DDC), Driver License, Sexual Harassment Training, 2-10K Forklift, HAZMAT Course, and Spill Prevention and Action Plan Training, and Subversion and Espionage Directed Against the U.S. Army (SAEDA) Training.
- Must be able to maintain a position of Public Trust
- Must have a Valid California Driver’s License. Non-California residents must obtain the proper California Driver’s License within 10 days of beginning work.
Experience & Education:
- One (1) year (two (2) years desired) of experience in retail supply activity functions with a basic knowledge of warehouse operations to include: receiving, issue, storage, and inventory or civilian equivalents.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
- Individual must be able to perform required duties, and wear and utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Individual must be able to lift/move 45 lbs without assistance and up to 130 lbs with assistance.
- Able to meet criteria of DA PAM 611-21 and AR 601-210.
- Individual must be physically capable of performing the work in extreme temperatures, low humidity, blowing sand and dust.
- Individual may be required to work extended hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- May be required to work under stressful circumstances and meet short suspenses.
- Job may require operating at heights above ten (10) feet but not more than thirty (30) feet.