Travel: Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Security Clearance: NAC-I
The IT/Communications Manager is responsible for regional/local supervision, support and deployment needs in one of six key areas: Applications, Business Unit, Customer Service, Infrastructure Service, Program Management and Service Delivery Center.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Applications: such as application architecture, standards/tools and development, software licensing, release management and portfolio management
- Business Unit: such as business alignment, customer advocacy, demand management and project management
- Customer Service: Such as service desk, security administration, request management, desktop support, COE standards, problem management and delivery management
- Infrastructure Services: Such as computer/mainframe operations, network operations (WAN/LAN) server management (email and web), firewall management, software distribution and security policy. Supports supplier relations where applicable
- Program Management: such as communication planning, process development, project management, project prioritization and monitoring
- Service Delivery Center: such as regional delivery of customer service, support, project management, communications and infrastructure services
- Manages others either directly or through subordinate supervisors
- Coordinates diverse activities within a functional area
- Plans work and administers policies
- Has budgetary type of accountabilities or directly impacts a revenue center’s viability or its quality of service via personal contributions.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft office software applications
- Excellent oral, written, communication and people skills
- Ability to translate communication needs of employees/customers not versed in computer terminology for both hardware and software into meaningful solutions
- Able to travel to hostile and austere environments
- Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline required. Master’s degree in Business Management is desired. Two (2) years of experience in related field may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
- Eight (8) years’ experience in information technology management which includes experience in functional areas with background in IT and telecommunications infrastructure.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.