Travel: Typically, not required.
This is the journey working level for certificated Airframe & Powerplant Technicians. Incumbents at this level work independently and inspect and repair aircraft, engines, components and systems and assess for damage, condition and method of repair, and may work off site at outlying field locations.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
- Work independently in a central aviation maintenance facility or work unsupervised off site at outlying field locations
- Perform depot level and field maintenance to aircraft, engines, propellers, rotors, components and systems in accordance with approved procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
- FAA federal aviation regulations pertaining to the maintenance and repair of aircraft;
- FAA-approved maintenance practices, techniques, and procedures; aircraft shop maintenance operational procedures and fleet aircraft structure, systems, controls, engines and components.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of all fleet aircraft, engines, and airframe systems; and ability to inspect and determine problems and correct deficiencies, inspect aircraft and systems for continued airworthiness, and return aircraft to service after major and minor maintenance and repair.
Experience & Education:
- Possession of the following certificates: FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Technician’s certificate and a valid class C California driver’s license (or comparable from another state).
- Must have five (5) years of work experience as a certificated A&P Technician performing inspections and maintenance on UH-1H or similar aircraft type. Military experience may qualify for the five year work experience requirement if the level of work and responsibility was equal to that of a certificated A&P technician. Customer may wave five year work experience requirement if it determines the proposed Journey Technician has extensive military or industry experience.
- Physical Requirements/Working Environment