Provides expert level industrial hygiene technical support to business unit to ensure occupational exposures are adequately controlled and/or eliminated. Designs, implements, and continually improves processes that reduce occupational risk.
- Schedules, performs, and interprets industrial hygiene field studies related to worker exposures, including, but not limited to, air and noise sampling, illumination, ventilation, radiation, heat stress, and other studies as appropriate to level of expertise.
- Reviews, interprets, and implements occupational health programs in compliance with regulations and company standards.
- Conducts/participates in investigations of occupational health related incidents.
- Develops and/or delivers industrial hygiene training and education programs.
- Supports projects by providing industrial hygiene / personnel exposure control information to ensure process related health risks are identified and addressed.
- Participates in quality assurance activities to ensure effective implementation of regulatory requirements and company policy standards.
- Interfaces with agencies and industry groups as needed on industrial hygiene and occupational health issues.
- Maintains industrial hygiene equipment.
- Manages facility hazard communication compliance efforts including Safety Data Sheet program.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Hygiene or related discipline required.
- Minimum 5 years' industrial hygiene experience required.
- Experience in refining or petrochemical industries preferred.
- Additional training in Industrial Hygiene topics such as asbestos, lead, TSCA, etc. is desired.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist is preferred.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: MPC) is a large-scale geographically-diversified and highly -integrated refining, marketing and midstream company. MPC is the nation's largest refiner, with a crude oil refining capacity of more than 3 million barrels per calendar day in its 16-refinery system. MPC's high-quality, nationwide retail and marketing business includes approximately 3,900 company-owned and -operated stores and 7,800 branded locations. MPC owns the general partners of MPLX LP and Andeavor Logistics LP, two strong, customer-focused midstream master limited partnerships.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.