- Location Address: 301 E Ocean Blvd Ste 1600, Long Beach, CA
- Education Level: Bachelor's Desired
- Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
- Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
- Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
- Boards and attends vessel s 24/7/365 at TSO, third party terminals, offshore lightering, and inspection attendance. Travels with as directed 24/7/365 with valid passport to accomplish above as well as manages audits.
- Manages operational interface between terminal and refinery berths and tankers, barges Articulated Tug Barge (ATB), tugs, and marine service providers. Reviews and coordinates vessel pre-arrival documentation.
- Coordinates with Commercial, Refining, and Logistics to optimize marine transfer operations and ensures safe operations and environmental stewardship.
- Provides marine operational support to Commercial, Refining, and Logistics.
- Key member of Marine Crisis Management Team.
- Coordinates, manages, and attends lightering operations in the Andeavor system as directed.
- Maintains working relationships with U. S. Coast Guard, state, local regulatory agencies, and the maritime community.
- Supports demurrage and loss control specialists with research and resolution of claims and issues.
- Conducts SIRE (Ship Inspection Report Exchange) inspections on behalf of Tesoro.
- Reviews tankers, tugs, and barges in advance of calling at Tesoro marine facilities.
- Conducts ship and barge technical manager audits against the OCIMF TMSA.
- Conducts routine Category 1 or 3 SIRE (Ship Inspection Report Exchange) inspections on behalf of Andeavor as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Maritime, Coast Guard, Naval Academy or 4 or more years related vessel experience required.
- Has held deck or engineering license or equivalent military experience.
- 2 or more years of sea time or equivalent experience required.
- Petroleum transportation preferred.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation:
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: MPC) is a large-scale geographically-diversified and highly -integrated refining, marketing and midstream company. MPC is the nation's largest refiner, with a crude oil refining capacity of more than 3 million barrels per calendar day in its 16-refinery system. MPC's high-quality, nationwide retail and marketing business includes approximately 3,900 company-owned and -operated stores and 7,800 branded locations. MPC owns the general partners of MPLX LP and Endeavor Logistics LP, two strong, customer-focused midstream master limited partnerships.