As a firmware engineer within Vehicle Firmware Engineering, you will be responsible for delivering high quality embedded code running on the processors at the heart of Tesla powertrains, vehicles and energy storage systems. Come join a team of deeply knowledgeable engineers that strive to build the most robust and reliable embedded systems using cutting edge software development tools and practices. You will solve some of the most ambiguous and challenging problems in the embedded software space and change the way the world produces electric vehicles and delivers energy. At Tesla you’ll have the ability to take a lofty goal such as ‘the vehicle will park itself’ into an everyday reality.
We are currently seeking highly talented and motivated embedded software engineers / firmware development engineers from Engineer level to Staff Firmware Engineer level for our BMS (Battery Management Systems), Body Controls (robotics - mechatronics), Drive Inverter (autonomous driving "engine" of the vehicle), Gateway (central nervous system of our cars), Chassis, Thermal and Charging teams.
- Deliver high-quality C code in a real-time embedded environment.
- Specify, design, and implement functionality and behaviors of embedded subsystems.
- Design the software architecture and firmware implementation on hardware through integration, test and high volume manufacturing.
- Hands-on hardware bringup, system debugging and code optimization.
- Make performance and optimization trade-offs to meet product requirements.
- 2-10+ years of professional experience with FW and embedded software development.
- Experience with one ore more - full life cycle consumer electronics development, embedded systems, robotics, mechatronics, battery management systems, safety-critical SW, real-time controls, IoT, systems software or automotive engineering.
- Expertise in C, embedded C, familiarity with MISRA C a plus.
- Fluent in software fundamentals including software design and maintainability.
- Experience with embedded microprocessor tools.
- Multithreaded / Multithreading experience.
- Controls software and algorithm development or implementation is helpful.
- Test driven development and familiarity with developer driven automated testing.
- Understanding of physics and basic principles is highly preferred.
- RTOS - FreeRTOS experience as well as HW fundamentals preferred.
- Experience with C2000 real-time microcontrollers, TI DSPs or NXP microcontrollers is helpful.
- Linux kernel / platform SW experience is helpful.
BS, MS or PhD in EE/CE/CS, or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability.