JOB ID: 36668
Esurance is looking for a Litigation Attorney to join a dynamic and award-winning team of individuals who are committed to making insurance smarter, easier, and dare we say- cooler. As part of a growing company that is focused on providing an outstanding customer experience, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your skills and discover your potential.
If you’re looking for a career at a socially conscious company that offers great benefits — including matching 401k and tuition reimbursement — then you may have just found your new home.
Esurance combines the spunk of a startup company with the backing of Allstate (the largest publicly held personal lines insurer in the U.S.) to create a unique, energized, and exciting place to work.
- Handles first and third party litigation matters referred from the Esurance Staff Counsel Office in Long Beach, CA from inception through trial.
- Directly handle assigned litigation cases from inception through trial.
- Determines, advises on and conducts legal action necessary to best protect the interests of the client.
- Provides legal direction of each case from inception to conclusion; includes representing the carrier and its insureds in court.
- Works with state claims office with case developments pursuant to the company’s litigation guidelines and established office procedures.
- Prepares initial pleadings and discovery demands/responses, prepares and appears at hearings on motions, attends depositions and examinations under oath, and represents carrier.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written with strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and calendaring software programs preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state legal system and law relevant to No-Fault and general personal injury insurance defense litigation.
- Ability to effectively and timely navigate a lawsuit from inception through trial.
- Demonstrated strong professional ethics, reliability and accountability required.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent education; Juris Doctorate (JD) degree required from an ABA approved school.
- 3-7 years of direct experience handling insurance defense litigation with trial and staff counsel experience preferred.
- Must have an active license and be in good standing with the (State) Bar as well as any other state Bar where a license has been held.
At Esurance, being committed to our employees is not just something we say, it’s something we do. Our benefits package is designed to help our associates stay healthy, meet their long-term financial goals, and balance the demands of work and personal life. Esurance rewards hard work, dedication, and creativity with competitive salaries and a generous bonus system. We are committed to our employees and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, positive, innovative and team-oriented work environment.
Health & wellness
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance (company-paid and supplemental)
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- Wellness coaching and incentives
- Group critical illness coverage
- Accident indemnity and hospital indemnity plans
- Group legal
- 401(k) plan with annual matching contribution
- Referral bonuses
- Performance-rewarding bonus system
- Tuition assistance program (up to $5,250 per year)
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Commuter benefits
Family & Community
- Adoption assistance
- Maternity leave
- Buckle Up Baby program
- Pet insurance discount
- Charitable gift matching
- Give Time, Get Time volunteer program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability (employee-paid option)
- Paid time off (holidays, vacation, personal choice days)
Bachelor's Degree and Juris Doctorate required from ABA approved school; 3-7 years experience; active license in good standing with state BAR