Under general supervision, performs preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs vehicles and equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project work.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
Large Vehicle Mechanic Skills and Qualifications:
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED REQUIRED.
- Experience: Two year(s) of relevant work experience.
- Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects of varying weights most of the work day.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) often.
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often.
This is a position with the Union. Pay is $30-$35/hour plus benefits. Benefits include sick/vacation/personal days, 401K program, and more.