Job Title: Financial Analyst
Exempt Status: Exempt
Reports to: Anne Keltner, Controller
Episource, with over 3000 employees worldwide, is a leading provider of risk adjustment services and solutions for health plans. Our services help Medicare Advantage, Commercial/Exchange, and Medicaid managed care plans improve and support accurate reimbursement in a post-Affordable Care Act market. Our services include retrospective chart reviews, medical record retrieval, HEDIS/ACO quality reporting, and data analytics, allowing payers and providers to dramatically reduce costs and improve quality of care.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for analyzing past and present financial data of Episource and estimated future revenues and expenditures, applying principles of finance. This position will document and perform financial analysis projects along with aiding the organization with financial functions, such as assessing, auditing, planning budgeting, taxes, consolidation and cost control.
Partners with budget owners to create annual profit plan budgets, investigate spending variances, forecast monthly spending trends and prepare action plans to achieve business targets by providing forward-looking analysis and insight to business leads.
• Evaluates and analysis capital expenditures, depreciation, proposals, investment opportunities, rate of return, profit plans, operating records and financial statements.
• Develops program spending analysis and reporting by business segment
• Assists in developing the annual profit plan by preparing department budget templates, reviewing budgets for consistency and completion, analyzing spending trends, tracking headcounts, calculating allocations and preparing presentations. Takes the lead on several aspects of building the profit plan and coordinating requirements with key stakeholders
• Analyzes key performance drivers to investigate spending variances. Performs root cause analysis to resolve problems. Interprets financial results and communicates opportunities for improvement to budget leads
• Ensures timely month-end closing by preparing journal entries, cross-charge allocations and month-end accruals. Prepares monthly reports and spending analysis.
• Works in a team environment to drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation, and standardization. Cross-train with other analysts to build skills and experience across the division finance team
• Prepares balance sheet reconciliations for product line ledgers
• Participates in and performs monthly close, including the timely and accurate preparation of all financial statements
• Prepares monthly reconciliations and supplemental schedules to support the financials
• Participates in all accounting operations, including AP, AR, Revenue, and other related processes
• Prepares monthly cash reconciliation and maintain weekly cash forecast
• Assists with requirements of external auditors
Skills & Competencies :
• Thinks analytically
• Understands the business
• Communicates effectively
• Ability to partner and influence
• Proven track record of forecasting with a high degree of accuracy
• Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze large amounts of data at a macro and micro level
• Professional experience that includes presenting a compelling point of view directly to executives
• Minimum BS/MS in Accounting / Finance or related field of study.
• Minimum of 3 years of corporate finance experience, or related forecast/planning experience
• Strong accounting background; QuickBooks, Oracle experience preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience with in the healthcare industry a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching, requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
EEO POLICY STATEMENT:
Episource, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Episource, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Episource, LLC expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Episource, LLC employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated