The Program Manager shall act as overall manager and administrator for contract effort. The Program Manager shall be the primary interface and point of contact with government program authorities and representatives on program/project and contract administrative issues. The Program Manager supervises operations by developing management procedures and controls, planning and directing project execution, and monitoring and reporting progress. Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee operations, maintenance, and development of systems to mission success is achieved to the satisfaction of the customers (Navy and Marine Corps aviators, other military units, squadron commanders, and stakeholders of the Inter-Deployment Training Cycle.)
- Develops positive customer relationships to achieve contract objectives.
- Maintains close contact with the Contracting Officer and customer stakeholders at each site.
- Responsible for PAE operating budget.
- Reviews and approves project costs and expenditures and identifies, studies, and implements cost saving initiatives where applicable.
- The program manager supervises operations by developing management procedures and controls.
- Provides guidance and direction to the PAE management staff dispersed across multiple locations
- Ensures adherence to established standards of individual performance and discipline.
- Approves personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, and appropriate disciplinary action recommended by Site Managers.
- Devotes personal attention to the morale and welfare of all employees; and provides a safe and healthful work environment.
- 20 years management and supervisory experience within the last fifteen years, in the performance and execution of contracts or equivalent military experience.
- Experience with Naval and/or joint warfare training environments
- Experience with Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) training
- Possess strong communications, interpersonal, leadership and managerial skills.
- Demonstrably strong financial management skills.
- Familiarity with Government contracting
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Experience with DOD/Navy policies, procedures
- Experience complying with ISO standards
- Must be able to forecast future budget requirements and concurrently manage execution of the project’s budget to achieve established performance objectives.
- Must deal with the customer and company employees in a courteous, professional, and effective manner.
- Must be a US citizen and completed high school or equivalent.
- Must read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must have a basic knowledge of computers—able to input and extract data.
- Must be able to achieve and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree with in associated discipline.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
This classification’s activities range from, an office-like environment with extensive sitting demands to a flight line-like environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands. May occasionally be required to lift objects whose weight exceeds 30 pounds. Special vision abilities to perform this job are close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS
The diversity of work conditions may range from an office environment where there is little or no physical discomfort to a flight line environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards.