Performs a mix of engineering tasks and administrative duties as directed by Engineering management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages effort and time within the budget and schedule provided for the task.
- Prepares draft engineering documentation (ie. drawings, specifications, parts lists, interface control documents, test procedures, etc.).
- Prepares and updates Redlined documentation such as Specifications and Procedures.
- Organizes engineering data produced by the Engineering Department.
- Formats, composes, proofreads and finalizes internal and external correspondence including; memos, letters, reports, manuals, procedures, presentations, and bulletins. Prepares and routes Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) produced by the department.
- Tracks ECRs to completion.
- Prepares and processes Purchase Requests from the department.
- Makes copies, collates, binds and staples documents and reports, organize and maintain appropriate filing system.
- Supports and maintains schedules for Internal Department use.
- Assists with assigned projects as required.
- Attends vendor, customer and IPT Engineering meetings as required. Prepares agenda, presentation materials, and minutes.
- Makes arrangements necessary for onsite meetings, including meetings with vendors as needed.
Other Job Functions
Interfaces with others within department.
Interfaces with Planning, Accounting, Programs, and other departments as needed.
Will interface with vendors regarding meeting arrangements.
Must accurately charge time spent on jobs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- In process of obtaining a BS or MS degree in Engineering.
- Detailed understanding and application of technical documentation and engineering processes and practices.
- Ability to review Engineering Change Notices (ECNs).
- Ability to generate compliant documentation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Primarily a desk job. Walking throughout facility to track down and resolve issues.