The Lead Web Developer (AEM) will build and maintain a state-of-the-art digital platform that utilizes Adobe's Digital Marketing Product Suite, integrated with a leading e-commerce platform.
This position will collaborate with peer developers, content experts, UX specialists and software architects to plan, design and develop systems that support a set of modular, efficient coding best-practices. Additionally, this position will work with colleagues to migrate legacy applications, update tool sets, and promote highly-effective coding practices to improve our digital literacy and strengthen our digital publishing.
The Lead Web Developer will be instrumental in helping establish standards for front-end development, leading peer-reviews of solution design, supporting code and providing technical leadership to teammates through coaching and demonstrated best practices.
- Participate in the implementation of Adobe Experience Manager, including design, definition and development of AEM content type models, workflows, templates, and components, and permissions.
- Set up and configure AEM authoring, publishing and dispatcher environment with Adobe recommended best practices.
- Integrate AEM with other marketing products and e-commerce solutions.
- Work closely with Managed Service Team or vendor to ensure sound practices regarding site architecture, performance, reliability and content delivery are implemented.
- Assist in deploying applications to Dev, QA and Production environments and migrations.
- Work with front-end technologies and frameworks.
- Follow best practices for secure web programming and deployment. Adhere to internal best practices with respect to coding standards, unit test coverage, automation and continuous integration.
- Help troubleshoot complex technical problems involving multiple environment and application integration.
- Document and monitor technical issues and recommend enhancements in support of best-in-class online experiences.
- Serve as the project expert, retaining and communicating all project history.
- Manage, evaluate and respond to change requests and bug backlogs.
- Facilitate ongoing site maintenance, content updates, enhancements, design, bug fixes and new feature releases.
- Lead and maintain the AEM platform, coordinate with the operations team and ensure the platform is up-to-date.
- Lead and manage direct reports and external vendors; ensure project goals are met.
Experience & Skills
- Adobe Experience Manager Developer with strong Java/J2EE background in both front-end web design and AEM integration.
- 6+ years of AEM/CQ5 experience with 3+ full-cycle AEM projects and at least two years of web experience.
- 4+ years of strong web content management experience with Adobe AEM/CQ5.
- Experience with integrating AEM/CQ5 and CQ6.1 with other products and vendors.
- Solid experience with CQ5 building blocks, including templates, components, dialogs widgets and bundles.
- Experience with Java Content Repository (API) suite, Sling web framework, Apache Felix OSGi framework and DAM.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (Maven/ Bitbucket).
- Expertise in full stack development within AEM.
- Experience with e-Commerce platforms and SF & SAP is preferred.
- Experience in these areas a plus: Knowledge of other web content management systems (e.g., Drupal); knowledge of front-end frameworks/libraries (e.g., jQuery, RequireJS, Zurb’s Foundation); experience in Agile framework.
- Experience and understanding CDNs is preferred.
- Ideal candidate will be flexible, be able to think/act strategically and roll up his/her sleeves to work as an individual contributor for solving problems and meeting goals.