The Corporate IT Services of Unified Communications requires a day-to-day Solutions Engineer to oversee the UC services of Skype for Business Online Hybrid with Skype for Business Server 2015. These services include but are not limited to: SIP for voice and video, audio conferencing, video conferencing, web conferencing, IM/presence, federation, desktop sharing, and team collaboration.
The Solutions Engineer will be responsible for supporting, servicing, implementing, lifecycle management, and daily operations of the tools and methodology for unified communications. This will include (but not limited to) support run book creation and modification, service evaluation, day to day operations, lifecycle management planning and implementation.
In addition, a successful candidate will have a firm understanding of all Microsoft Office 365 solutions, be forward thinking, and be able to assist and collaborate with other members of the Unified Communications team in support of those technologies. This will include (but not be limited to) Exchange / Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Be self-motivated and able to work successfully with a team to achieve ambitious goals
- Design, plan, and coordinate the implementation of Microsoft UC technologies in support of defined requirements generated by business and growth demands
- Work with Tier I/II support desks by creating/updating support run books and working on escalations at the Tier III/IV level
- Engage with vendors to resolve issues
- Utilize a framework for monitoring tools, escalating key issues, and ensure timely implementation of services. You are the service and technical owner rolled up into one!
- S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three to five years directly related work experience
- 5 or more years of technical experience, including at least 3 years in
- Microsoft Server 2008 and 2012
- Skype for Business
- Office 365
- Certificate Services
- 3 years technical experience in Exchange, Active Directory, and SharePoint Services
- 2 years technical experience with SBC/SBA/SBS technologies and SIP
- 2 years technical experience with video conferencing infrastructure and endpoints
Other Desired Qualifications
- Certifications in MCSE, and related UC products required
- Firm understanding of PSTN and SIP technologies
- Fundamental networking knowledge and experience
- Core fundamental and working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS and Certificate Services
- Good understanding of networking QoS requirements related to SIP technologies
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to:
- Read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals
- Document procedures that conform to a prescribed style and format
- Present information to management
- Strong analytical skills required