We are currently looking for an HR Manager for House of Blues Anaheim. This individual is responsible for human resource management which includes: Planning, organizing, and controlling all activities of the department. Participates in developing venue and department goals, objectives, and systems.
What You’ll Need:
- Human Resources Management with heavy emphasis on employee relations
- Must have knowledge of state employment laws and statutes
- This position requires strong communication skills with a supervisor. Ability to communicate effectively via email, conference calls and periodic updates is essential
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity
- Flexible schedule (days/nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
- Food & Beverage/Hospitality/Live Music Entertainment related experience
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Working environment is fast-paced and often loud and stressful
- Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing, bending, reaching, sitting, and working on your feet
- Must be able to lift or move up to 25 lbs using proper lifting techniques
What You’ll Do:
Maintain HR Procedures and Practices:
- Provides advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding personnel practices, policy, and employment laws.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed and develops department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Administers compensation program; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Assists Management with employee performance appraisals, including monthly notification to Management regarding employee performance appraisals
- Monitors career pathing, employee relations and counseling and provides an inside perspective to Senior Management.
- Assists in development of people-management skills and provides objective perspective on employee issues.
- Conducts new-hire orientation, and other company sponsored training programs as needed.
- Ensures venue is compliant with all current HOB policies and procedures as outlined in employee handbook.
- Processes payroll.
- Maintains open-door communication policy to staff concerns and issues.
- Maintains communication and relations with Home Office Human Resources.
- Investigates and remedies harassment, abuse, or mistreatment of team-members.
- Helps the Company maintain its commitment to diversity.
- Participates in executive committee meetings/manager meetings, and plans/facilitates manager/all-staff meetings and programs.
- Maintains a tracking system for all State or County Licensee or Certification requirements. Make recommendations on recertification and training. Makes recommendation on training for recertification. Maintains a tracking system to ensure venues are adhering to the Alcohol Beverage Commission guidelines. Makes recommendation on training for recertification
Recruitment and Staffing:
- Directs the development of staffing strategies; develops and builds hiring processes for a variety of levels from non-exempt staffing to exempt.
- Develops, streamlines, and enhances staffing systems, tracking reporting, and analysis; leads sourcing and recruiting initiatives and processes to leverage networking and employee referrals; manages college relations and oversees various sourcing and internship programs.
- Manages relocation and other responsibilities related to staffing administration;
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal discrimination and employment regulations.
Safety/Health and Risk Management:
- Reviews Workers’ Compensation reports and handling of claims
- Develops and maintain OSHA Workplace and Safety programs
- Creates and co-chair quarterly safety committee
- Maintains staff injury/incident reports
- Maintains guest injury/incident reports and handle any related issues in conjunction with Vice President of Risk Management
- Conducts quarterly safety walk through and make recommendations as needed to GM for improvements
- Legal Compliance
- Ensures HOB follows labor and employment law guidelines set forth by state and federal government
- Administering Employee Benefit Programs
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Conducts open enrollments and educational seminars for employee benefits, including medical, dental, LTD, life, and 401(k).
- Competitive compensation and bonus plans
- Professional career development
- Additional benefits