Due to the increased workload from the Camp Fire, Butte County is seeking Data Entry Clerks for a temporary work assignment. This is a full-time, temporary position working 5 days per week between Monday and Saturday from 8am to 6pm.
Experience with customer service, data entry or processing applications and working with a database are desirable but all are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Data entry skills following an outlined procedure/process
- Attention to Detail and excellent communication skills
- Transferring data from paper formats into computer files or database systems
- Typing data provided directly from customers: e.g. from a telephone conversation
- Experience using office equipment like computers, phones, fax machines
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures
- Organizational skills and the ability to stay on task
- Update existing data
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost