To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Train to become efficient in preventative maintenance, replacement of parts/components, basic repair as it pertains to Air Brake Systems and FHWA Inspections.
- Understand and demonstrate the safe operation of all shop tools and equipment (powered and non-powered, required as a shop technician.)
- Understand and effectively follow all shop safety procedures.
- Train to perform repairs to company and manufacturer's specifications
- Train to accurately complete work orders and other written materials according to established procedures.
- Communicate effectively with management, coworkers, drivers, and customers.
- Train to be efficient in company requirements for standard repair times (SRT) and warranty guidelines.
- Trainee position requires full time attendance and the ability to work overtime.