Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate trucks, equipment, and machinery safely and efficiently.
- Prepare waste for loading, transport, and delivery.
- Maintain full compliance with DOT logs.
- Train and mentor Field Technicians
- Perform various housekeeping and custodial duties as required to ensure an appropriate worksite.
- Perform simple maintenance and cleaning of response vehicles.
- Report work-related accidents/incidents in a timely manner to supervisor
- Respond to all types of emergency response incidents 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week as required when on call
- Work overtime as directed by supervisor
- Fully comply with Random Drug Testing program
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Lifting/carrying: Ability to lift/carry 50 pounds unassisted, on a frequent basis
- Pushing/pulling: Ability to pull/push 50 pounds unassisted
- Twisting/turning: Ability to reach, twist, turn, and otherwise have a full range of motion in the arms, hands, torso, neck, back, and legs
- Typing/data entry: Frequent daily basis
- Equipment used: Industrial cleaning and heavy equipment
- Minimum education: High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
- Minimum experience: 2+ years of environmental field operations experience
- Supervisory experience: None required
- Travel requirements: Frequent overnight travel
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid Class A CDL. Must have current HAZWOPER certification or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Knowledge of heavy truck operation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work in all environmental temperatures and weather conditions
- Ability to work long hours including day and night shifts and weekend work as required
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and physical screen.