Performs a variety of tasks to support manufacturing including, but not limited to equipment fabrication, modification and/or repairs. May also be involved in building and facility fabrication, modification and/or maintenance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Each successive level of Maintenance Technician builds on the identified typical qualifications listed for previous level(s).
- Performs and documents maintenance performed and all pertinent maintenance records.
- Constructs and repairs a variety of structures such as walls, doors/windows, stairs, roofs, bins, partitions and office equipment.
- Ability to perform MIG welding.
- Mixes and applies paints and other finishing coats to interior and exterior surfaces by means of brush, spray gun or roller.
- Knows and follows effective safety standards, practices and techniques pertaining to general maintenance and construction work.
- Supports and exhibits the focus of zero defects as well as right-the-first-time approach.
- Performs lockout/tagout functions in accordance with safe practices and company procedures.
- Assists other maintenance personnel with daily activities.
- Maintains a clean work area and ensuring strict adherence to the 5S Standards.
- Complies with established QMS procedures.
- Follows safety procedures and protocols.
- Forklift certifiable.
- May drive between company locations as required. Must possess a valid drivers license of the appropriate class type.
- Tracks daily hours worked in timekeeping system accurately. Office environment
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Maintenance Technician I
- Works under limited supervision.
Maintenance Technician II
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Uses spreadsheets and databases to document maintenance performed and all pertinent maintenance records.
- Demonstrates effective troubleshooting skills and repairs on autoclaves, presses, CNC and various other types of production equipment using standard tools and test equipment.
Maintenance Tech III
- Works very independently.
- Plans (including cost estimates), designs and installs electrical and mechanical systems for production equipment.
- Troubleshoots and performs minor program changes in various types of programmable logic controllers.
- Assists the Facilities Manager in planning and coordinating work.
- May provide training to lower-level Maintenance Technicians upon supervisors request/approval.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules.
|Experience and Skills:
**Active U.S. Security Clearance required**
Each successive level of Maintenance Technicians builds on the identified typical qualifications listed for the previous level(s) Maintenance Technicians.
Maintenance Technician I
- Preferably 1-2 years of hands on experience in a facilities/maintenance role.
- Communicate in English both written and verbally.
- Must be able to demonstrate accurate basic math skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate the accurate use of a tape measure.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings.
- Must be able to interpret and work from industry specifications.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to navigate around files.
- Requires high school education or equivalent.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must possess valid California drivers license and clean DMV record.
- Requires a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Molding experience
- Hydraulic press maintenance experience
- 480 3 phase electrical experience.
Maintenance Technician II
- Preferably 3-5 years of hands on experience in a facilities/maintenance role.
- Demonstrated ability of Level II duties and responsibilities.
- Experience in 120Vsingle phase - 480 3 phase electrical.
Maintenance Technician III
- Preferably 5+ years hands-on experience in composite manufacturing.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and perform minor program changes in various types of programmable logic controllers.
- Demonstrated ability of Level III duties and responsibilities
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Standing, walking, lifting, bending, reaching, grasping, stooping, kneeling, climbing.
- Working with a variety of hand tools, power tools and other related equipment.
- Occasionally lifts and carries objects weighing up to 50lbs.
- Works in non-temperature controlled environments.
- Works in confined spaces.
- May work from a variety of surfaces, level or unlevel when performing job duties.
- May work extended hours or weekends.
- Occasional exposure to noise, hazardous materials and dust.
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones).
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
|Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
||Number of Openings: 1
|Years of Experience: At least 3 Years
||Level of Education: High School/GED
|Starting Date : ASAP