Job Title: Project Manager/Estimator
FLSA Status: Executive Exemption
Reports to: Josh Freeman
Summary: Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Estimates the work and cost of a variety of potential new business by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.*
2. Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.*
3. Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.*
4. Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.*
5. Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.*
6. Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.*
7. Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems. *
8. Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
9. Estimates the work and cost of various jobs.*
10. Provides estimates for jobs that result in company profits.*
11. Prepares job estimates and enters quotes in computer.*
12. Maintains accurate and workable records of jobs.*
13. Oversees jobs coordinating with installations.*
14. Utilizes digital camera for digital imaging.
15. Other duties are assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather).
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of McCormick Estimating Software, Word, Excel, and basic computer programs.
Manages subordinate supervisors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must maintain a valid California Drivers License.
Strong Language, Math, Reasoning, Computer, and Supervisory, clean Driving and background See above