Do you enjoy working as a team member and take pride in accomplishing production excellence? Then don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity! Georgia-Pacific is looking for safety-oriented and efficient General Laborer team members at our Santa Fe Springs, CA facility. This is an entry-level position that leads to an amazing career as a member of a close-knit team dedicated to safely supporting machine operators with the production and delivery of high-quality corrugated packaging for our many valued customers.
Successful candidates for this role must be available to work any shift, as well as overtime, weekends and holidays.
Wages starting at $15 an hour.
A Day in the Life Typically Includes:
• Sharing team goals and managing job assignments • Organizing final products for shipping and distribution
• Performing basic preventive maintenance on machines and equipment
• Completing general housekeeping duties to maintain a continuously safe and clean teamwork environment
What do you need?
• High School diploma or GED
• Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
• Willing and able to work in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy, and high volume environment
• Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling
• Willing and able to work eight (8) hours a day and up to twelve (12) hours a day
What would put you ahead?
• One (1) or more years of experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment
• Previous experience working with a forklift or clamp truck
• Previous experience working in the corrugated industry
Why Work For GP?
• A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
• Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
• Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
• Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
• Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
• Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.