Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Purchasing & Contracting Clerk position for the Area 2 Coordinator's Office is responsible for all facets of the California Military Department (CMD), G9 Facilities and Maintenance and minor Sustainment, Renovation, and Modernization (SRM) projects within the nine (9) counties that the office covers: San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Monterey, San Benito, Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa, San Joaquin, Stanislaus. Under general direction from the Area Coordinator, the Purchasing & Contracting Clerk will perform a variety of administrative, procurement, and maintenance facility actions. In addition, will maintain records, schedules, and service and repair orders as needed.
• Receive and process request from the field for facility maintenance and repair actions.
• Obtain verbal and written estimates/proposals from supplies and services.
• Prepare procurement, service, and contract documents.
• Issue service and repair orders for facility maintenance.
• Manage local purchase authority for maintenance team and the Area Coordinator to include budgeting, accounting, fiscal planning, and government credit card spending.
• Maintain records and statuses on local businesses, along with, contracting requirement.
• Serve as an Assistant Contracting Officer Representative (COR) and conduct site visits.
• Process administrative actions for maintenance team and Area Coordinator.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Active members of the California Military Department (Air, Army, CSG) in the grades E-4 through E-6 may apply. Applicants must have a military affiliation per Para 3-2 of CMD Reg. 600-1. Applicants who are not current members of the California Military Department may apply, however, applicants must meet military affiliation requirements at the time of appointment. CSG members who have no prior federal military experience must be a member of the CSG in good standing for a minimum of two years for eligibility for SAD vacancies. CSG members must submit a copy of their CSG orders with their application. Non-members of the California Military Department (Air, Army, CSG) must submit a Letter of Intent to meet qualifying military affiliation at the time of appointment along with their application.
• Must have an operational knowledge of the California National Guard organization and the chain of command.
• Desired experience in a technical capacity with responsibility for combination of business services activities such as acquisition and accountability of supplies and equipment, minor and major building maintenance, managing of government/commercial properties and fiscal management.
• Knowledge of: English grammar and punctuation; principles and practices of public administration; financial record keeping; and office and automotive equipment and supplies.
• Ability to: Communicate effectively; learn rapidly; follow directions; analyze data accurately; reason logically. maintain the confidence and cooperation of those contacted during work; and utilize good work habits.
• Completion of military and civilian education (high school or equivalent) requirements commensurate with the grade of the applicant are required. Attach documentation of your highest level of civilian education.
• Military assignments appropriate to the grade of the applicant are required.
• Required to meet height/weight and physical fitness standards prescribed by their military branch of membership.
• Applicant must meet, and maintain, federally recognized medical fitness standards. Attach a current copy, within the past twelve months, of your military component’s verification of these requirements. (See instructions at the end of this announcement for required component-specific documents).
• Appropriate military uniform with federally recognized, or CSG recognized, rank will be worn in accordance with military regulation.
• Must be able to pass both State and Federal background checks (Live Scan). Continuation of employment is contingent upon maintaining favorable State and Federal background checks.
• Must possess a valid state driver’s license. Attach a current copy, within the past six months, of your Department of Motor Vehicle’s printout.
Instructions for Submitting Applications
To request a State Active Duty Appointment Application or CSG AHA forms, please contact State Personnel Programs by email at SP.SADApplication@cmd.ca.gov for assistance. Interested applicants must submit a completed and signed State Active-Duty Appointment Application and all required supporting documentation (listed below), to the Director of State Personnel Programs. Applications missing signatures and required documents will not be considered.
• All Applicants: Are required to submit documentation of COVID-19 vaccination.
• All Applicants: Documentation of your highest level of civilian education listed on your application. (Legible copy of either diploma, degree, or transcripts).
• All Applicants: Are recommended to submit a Resume.
• Readiness: Include any documentation for current flagging actions. SM must include memo signed by commander indicating circumstances and disposition mitigation.
• CA Army National Guard (CAARNG) Applicants: Attach most recent APFT/ACFT (DA Form 705) and MEDPROS IMR.
• All CAARNG Applicants: Are required to submit a Record Brief (ERB). • CA Air National Guard (CA ANG) Applicants: Are required to submit Report on Individual Person (RIP), and ARCNet Individual Readiness Detail, current within the past twelve months
• CA State Guard (CSG) Applicants: Complete and submit the CA 3024-1 Member AHA Form. Once appointed, each CSG service member will be required to complete and submit, in its entirety, additional SAD Medical Readiness Standards requirements, not to exceed beyond one year after hire date.
• All Applicants: DMV Printout current within the past six months. California residents may obtain, at cost, a copy of their DMV printout. Unit DMV reports are not accepted.
• CSG Applicants: CSG Orders – CSG Applicants only
• Deployed Service Members: Title 10 OCONUS Orders - Currently deployed service members only Complete applications and all supporting documents may either be mailed to Joint Force Headquarters, Director of State Personnel Programs, Attn: NGCA-JSD-SP (Box #27), 9800 Goethe Road, Sacramento, CA 95827, Or e-mailed as One PDF file to SP.SADApplication@cmd.ca.gov. Applications mailed, or e-mailed, must be received by the State Personnel office no later than the close of business on Friday, 27 May 2022.
Statement of Qualifications
A Statement of Qualifications is REQUIRED and must be submitted with your Employment Application. Applications received without an appropriate Statement of Qualifications based on the instructions below will be rejected for being incomplete and will not be considered. Resumes, cover letters, and other documents will not be considered as a response to the Statement of Qualifications. Please limit your SOQ to a maximum of two (2) pages, single-spaced, no less than twelve-point Arial font. Candidate must clearly and concisely identify experience in categories listed below and must be in the following order:
• Describe your background, experience, education, and/or training in budget development and/or general accounting principles.
• Describe your background, experience, education, and/or training in laws relating to financial administration.