GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
For the assigned platform and platform derivatives, is the design authority for the product including all new development and product enhancements. Has overall accountability for technical platform product lifecycle direction to meet strategic business objectives. Responsible for facilitating the integration of multi-program/project requirements without compromising the integrity of the platform and ideally optimizing both the design/manufacturing configuration and the cost. May be assigned to lead complex, multi-system, multi-discipline engineering projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Technical lead on unmanned aircraft system.
- Support program management and project engineer with development of program planning strategies, technical cost estimates, evaluation of alternatives, risk management, logistics management, cost-performance trade-offs, preparation of data, status updates and presentations at customer reviews
- Directs and works with project engineer(s) to develop solutions to customer requirements, and facilitates resolutions where platform conflicts arise
- Manages and directs the engineering resources effort and time required to maintain the budget and schedule provided for the assigned platform(s). Ensures roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and coordinated with project engineer(s).
- Provides support to Project Engineer(s) as necessary, to include, but not limited to project planning, estimating, execution of project tasks and management of IPT.
- Assists the functional managers with developing and implementing improved procedures and standards to ensure that output is high quality, accurate, on-time, and within budget; which includes establishing metrics (key performance indicators) for the engineering projects and accountabilities for achieving results.
- Provides direction and leadership on technical and technology issues and collaborates with Technical Director as appropriate from cross-platform issues and lessons learned.
- Defines and manages risks of technical approaches in terms of state-of-the-art resources/tools and personnel needs.
- Assist in accomplishing human resource strategies by communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; mentoring platform Project Engineer(s), providing input into the appraisal of employees, and reviewing/recognizing job contributions.
- Fosters ethical conduct and personal integrity throughout Engineering to ensure CEis ability to attract and retain customers in a highly competitive environment.
- Assists the rroject engineer(s) with customer interfacing as necessary, ensuring that all company products and services are meeting customer requirements, goals, and expectations.
- Reports progress in meeting external/internal customer requirements, goals, and expectations.
- Manages and directs design reviews in support of technical interchange meetings with suppliers and external/internal customers.
- Provide mentorship to platform project engineer(s)
- Supports business development efforts both in preparation of quotes and proposals as well as sales efforts
Supervises the Engineers and Analysts supporting the relevant platform, HWCI, or CSCI.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Knowledge of military operations.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills with Senior Leadership, Program Management, Customers and engineering team members.
- Proficiency with MS Office products, including MS Project for IMS (Integrated Master Schedule) development and review.
- Knowledge of compliance elements for ISO, EVMS and Export regulations.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting and earned value management practices and procedures.
- Strong understanding and experience with engineering fundamentals.
- Strong presentation preparation and delivery skills with audiences such as Subcontractors, Prime and Government.
- Demonstrated passion for customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated strong communication (verbal, written, and presentation) skills
- Ability to travel as necessary to perform job duties
- Engineering and/or project management experience
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to meet department and company goals and requirements for assigned platform(s).
- Engineering management experience in the aerospace industry
- Proficiency in Earned Value reporting and Control Account Management is desired.
- Knowledge of CEi operations and procedures.
Experience and Skills:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Engineering, MS degree preferred in a related technical field (Engineering or equivalent)
- 12+ years related engineering experience
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
WORK ENVIROMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office environment
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- May work in manufacturing environments with potential exposure to uncontrolled climate conditions and potential exposure to noise, dust and hazardous chemicals
- Travel required, up to 25%