PURPOSE: Under general direction, the successful candidate will monitor, repair, and improve manufacturing equipment performance.
- Diagnose facility and machine related problems using analytical skills, standard practices, and techniques.
- Repair and maintain manufacturing and R&D equipment.
- Design and create test fixtures and jigs for various R&D and manufacturing equipment.
- Write equipment specifications and preventive maintenance procedures to optimize equipment performance and processes.
- Identify and suggest equipment upgrades and replacements with justification.
- Set up spare parts inventory and stocking levels.
- Resolve issues by root cause analysis and develop plan to eliminate or minimize repeat problems.
- 2 year college degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient using various hand, power, and machine shop tools
- Read and understand electronic, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and facilities drawings or schematics
- Experience in programming and maintenance
- Experience with pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and detailed documentation skills
- Self-motivated and a self-starter with hands-on skills