If you are a veteran or immediate family member of a veteran and are interested AND are qualified for this position, send your resume directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please outline in your email the name of the position you are applying to and address your qualifications in the body of the email.
I will review your resume and then reach out to you directly with instructions on how to complete the application process Tesla has created specifically for Work For Warriors applicants.
While this position is located in Fremont, CA, relocation benefits would be available for the right candidate(s).
Fremont - Equipment Engineering Technician
As a member of the Equipment Maintenance Team for Operations; and reporting to the Equipment Maintenance Engineer, the Equipment Maintenance Engineering Technician is primarily responsible for the upkeep, integration, and sustainment of operational manufacturing equipment supporting the Manufacturing Systems; and ensuring the operational availability of a wide array of mechanical and electrical equipment and testing tools or fixtures. You will also support various cross-functional projects, and support both legacy and new product line equipment installation, and special projects as needed. You will work with the high caliber process and equipment engineering teams to improve documentation processes, standardizing operational training methods, equipment reliability and the minimizing or elimination of downtime through long-term corrective action execution.
This is a physically demanding job working in various spaces, around high voltage, and battery manufacturing-level equipment, requiring walking and standing for long periods of time, as well as: bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing ladders and lying on the ground intermittently throughout the day. In addition, the technician may wear a fall protection harness while working from heights or from a suspended position. Like Maintenance Technicians, you may/will lift up to 50lbs and utilize other hand tools and power tools as needed. Previous experience in skilled trades, automation integration, programming, design engineering/solid modelling, maintenance, equipment engineering & reliability, or prior technical and applicable military experience are highly desired.
- Support Equipment Maintenance Engineers and leadership in overseeing, initiating, and providing maintenance strategy improvement activities in line with production-limiting events, planned outages, and corrective actions with equipment improvements and projects.
- Work with Maintenance Engineers to modify, improve, update, sustain, and integrate new and current manufacturing equipment, in line with direction of value-added activities and priorities.
- Independently install hardware, fixtures, jigs, and other various mechanical equipment using electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Fabricate mounting brackets, adapters, or weldments with common to advanced machine shop power tools – machining, fabrication, or welding backgrounds highly desired.
- Update, improve, or create electrical, mechanical, or pneumatic diagrams from new, or existing equipment.
- Install, Troubleshoot, Modify, or Improve more than one of the various types of equipment:
- Electrical systems ranging from 24 VDC up to and including 480 VAC 3-Phase
- Mechanical Systems
- Conveyor Systems
- Pneumatic / Vacuum Systems
- PLC, Networking, or OPC Systems (Beckhoff, Siemens TIA/Step 5, Allen Bradley)
- Robotic Systems (Fanuc, Kuka, Epson, ABB, or Mitsubishi)
- Alternating Work Schedule availability, and weekends, holidays as needed
- Comply with Tesla internal safety policies and procedures – with applicable understanding of high voltage, and battery cell considerations highly desired (LOTO, HV, Arc Flash, NFPA 70E etc.).
- Maintain tool and spare part BOMs and ensure proper part availability.
- Perform trials to test the effect of equipment improvements.
- Assist other projects as needed by engineering, management or as business needs change.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent; Military, Technical/Vocational, or Trades schooling, training, or higher preferred.
- 3+ years of hands-on mechanical, electrical, or controls/automation experience in a production environment; or in a plant industrial maintenance role.
- Familiarity with mechanical, electrical and pneumatic schematics; and modifications of such.
- Ability to work flexible scheduling and hours as production and maintenance needs change; this may include days, evenings, holidays and flexible weekends for support.
- Experience utilizing a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) is preferred.
- Understanding of automation systems, mechanical engineering, robotics, PLCs, data collection systems.
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Strong hands-on experience with high-volume, final assembly, or cleanroom setting preferred.
- Knowledge of, or experience with drilling, tapping, and utilizing shop tools.
- Proven ability to work well with production personnel of all levels.
Salary Range: Can be discussed during first phone interview with Tesla recruiter
- As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage).
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution.
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage).
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability.
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits.
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays.
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts.