Tesla is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Inventory Specialist to support our Service Parts & Distribution Warehouses. The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills, passion for the business, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. This Individual will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and able to think big and be creative while paying careful attention to details. This position is based on our Parts Distribution Center location in Pomona, CA.
- Support leadership meetings with data, prepare and present findings to process owners and senior management, facilitate development and prioritization of key improvement projects.
- Maintaining product identification and location program.
- Responsible for overseeing physical inventories/cycle counts/random or receipt audits/reconciliations.
- Documenting and controlling aged & damaged product.
- Through data analysis, maintain and drive for department and organizational goals and objectives.
- Identify inventory discrepancies, research root causes and lead efforts to implement demonstrated permanent corrective actions (i.e., no repeat variances)
- Maintaining Inventory Accuracy Metrics and associated reports for management
- Develop intuitive analysis tools and KPI’s for confirmation and reporting of inventory control
- Regularly training site staff in proper inventory control techniques and practices.
- A wide degree of creativity and toughness is expected
- Strong analytic problem solving skills. Experience in reporting and analyzing operational performance
- Ability to work with and develop supply chain and operations performance metrics (efficiency, quality, safety, throughput, costs)
- Ability to multitask and prioritize accordingly despite change in scale, scope, or deadline of task in fast-paced environment
- Advanced Excel skills required, Tableau and SQL experience highly preferred.
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success
- Work efficiently and productively in independent and team settings
- Fluent with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)