Under close supervision the Environmental Services Technician performs environmental services functions for a healthcare facility. Employees in this job class perform a variety of functions to assure facilities are clean and free of safety hazards. This job class requires knowledge of custodial practices and the ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
1. *Cleans, dusts, and polishes cabinets, furniture, lockers, and woodwork following safety protocols are infection control procedures.
2. *Cleans stairwells, hallways, rest rooms, offices and cells. (Cell cleaning includes removal of mattress and trash).
3. *Cleans wall surfaces, ceilings, baseboards, floor surfaces, doors, venetian blinds, ledges, vents, toilets, metal fixtures, shelves, furniture, privacy stalls, windows, and light fixtures;
4. *Empty and clean waste receptacles; vacuum floors; assist in moving and arranging furniture and equipment as needed;
5. *Disinfect and sanitize areas, stock and refill bathroom dispensers with papers, sanitary, and soap products.
6. *Selecting proper cleaning materials and supplies in order to complete daily tasks;
7. *Reads, interprets and follows material safety data sheets and chemical/cleaning product directions for use and warning/precaution information.
8. *Responsible for scheduled pickups of trash, biohazard waste bins for facility.
9. *Technicians are required to work any shift and schedule in a variety of settings throughout the hospital and may be required to work overtime and float to other work locations as determined by the operational needs of the hospital.