At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means we are creating a sustainable future by providing almost 45 percent of its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region's infrastructure for generations to come.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America's best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry's most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region's largest employers, we're always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best.
Responsible for developing and delivering training to ensure SDG&E distribution system operating personnel (Journeymen/Trainees) are adequately trained, consistent with CPUC General Orders, NERC, WECC, and SDGE operating standards/procedures and training requirements. Must keep up to date with the ever-changing regulatory and operational requirements. All documentation and training efforts must be continually updated, and training requirements developed and presented to the Distribution System Operators/Trainees to conform to those changes.
- Deliver initial training program materials to electric Distribution System Operator (DSO) trainees, on the 4 and 12 kV electric distribution system including substations.
- Learn and deliver initial training on the Network Management System (NMS) application and SCADA to Trainees.
- Develop simulations and train/test Distribution System Operators and Trainees on the NMS Training Simulator.
- Develop and deliver continual training to the journeyman Distribution System Operators.
- Prepare / revise training materials and ensure compliance with CPUC General Orders and NERC and WECC policy compliance.
- Participate in applicable regional Train the Trainer workshops and activities.
- Research new equipment and applications and write training guides to facilitate training.
- Represent SDG&E at internal and external events.
- Provide assistance in guiding vendor efforts to develop additional detailed training materials.
- Review and revise standard operating documents (DOPs) to support training activities.
- Deliver authorization training to Distribution personnel and field crews throughout the company as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree in relevant field preferred. This position requires a detailed knowledge of electric power system operations.
- Five years related experience required.
- Experience as a Distribution System Operator and previous experience as an instructor is highly desirable. Completion of Train the Trainer course with emphasis on systematic approach to training is required to continue in the position.
- Must have demonstrated ability to communicate technical information in a clear concise manner to the learning level of the student and have demonstrated ability in decision-making, prioritizing activities, coordination of training activities and multi-tasking.
- Must be proficient in computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Power Point, etc) and have a working knowledge of NMS/SCADA.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- May be required to work extended hours, move around room to assist others, and travel to participate in outside activities. Must be able to distinguish colors.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Posting End Date
Aug 9, 2020