Operate, manage, and streamline the functions and processes of the sales operations cycle which entails processing sales orders, fulfilling sales orders by arranging small parcel or LTL shipments, entering sales orders and fulfillment into systems (NetSuite and EDI), and provide general sales support. This position must be able to manage multiple orders and comply with strict customer requirements, and most importantly be able to prioritize orders based on a multitude of subjective factors. Organization, communication, and a proactive approach are vital to the success of this position.
• Creates and maintains customer database by entering new and updated customer and account information within the ERP and appropriate paper files.
• Interfaces with customers and EDI processors to set-up new customers on EDI and to receive customer orders.
• Works with Sales and Accounting to ensure timely processing of invoices for sales orders, including verifying pricing and quantities. Amazon Vendor Central experience preferred.
• Processes adjustments and change orders to ensure accurate inventory and receivable balances.
• Remain aware of customer routing and packaging requirements to ensure the order is delivered in accordance and to avoid penalties. Amazon Vendor Central experience preferred.
• Performs data entry of Customer return data into computer database.
• Facilitates the shipping of products from one destination to another by arranging transportation and orchestrating deliveries to meet customer demand with little to no delay. LTL Freight experience a plus.
• Audits outgoing orders prior to shipment to ensure quality control.
• Interacts with third party logistics service provider, both domestic and international.
• Interfaces with warehouse to resolve shipping and invoicing discrepancies.
• Continually reviews freight costs and transportation rates to keep costs down where possible.
• Prepares special analysis and assumes other special duties as needed.
EDI - Electronic Data Interchange, Logistics, Logistics & Distribution, Shipping
• Must be able to communicate effectively while liaising with clients, couriers and other operational departments.
• Knowledge of ERP systems: NetSuite preferred.
• Knowledge of EDI, Amazon Vendor Central preferred
• Ability to prioritize and plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines, work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
• Must be detailed oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrate the ability to work and communicate with all levels of employees.
• Intermediate Excel skills and the ability to use Office products
• Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers, other departments, and vendors.
• Knowledge of general office equipment, procedures, and policies.
Brenda L Bardales