Normally designated as a "Lead Engineer" as such provides work direction to subordinate engineers and/or acts as a project leader over the more complex or major engineering projects and/or studies.
- Provide leadership/direction for major or complex engineering and construction projects and/or studies; may serve as cognizant discipline engineer.
- Will serve as a "Subject Matter Expert" (SME) for SDG&E's Pole Loading Compliance Program.
- Will serve as SME for PLS-CADD.
- Oversee design and engineering of large and complex overhead and underground projects.
- Conduct complex engineering studies which require advanced knowledge within the assigned discipline.
- Provide coordination, monitor progress, interpret results and ensure timely completion of assignments.
- Identify actual or potential problem areas and develop corrective actions to be taken.
- Provide leadership, technical advice, training and guidance to lower level engineers as well as clerical, technical and operating personnel; may participate in the selection, hiring and promotion of subordinate personnel.
- Recommend new and improved practices and procedures related to their assigned area.
- Keep informed of technical developments, industry codes and safety and/or regulatory requirements which have impact upon the respective engineering discipline.
- Represent the Company/industry as a member of outside engineering/standards organizations.
- Acts in a lead capacity, providing direction, training and technical advice to lower level engineers and/or subordinate clerical, technical and operating personnel. May participate in the selection, hiring and promotion of subordinate personnel.
- Responsible for more advanced engineering studies usually acting as a project leader. Errors in these more complex studies could cause significant impact in delays, monetary loss, damage to equipment or injuries.
- Frequent contacts with supervision and engineers of other departments.
- Deals with industrial customers, consulting engineers, contractors, land developers, manufacturers' representatives, public agencies, and other utilities or companies.
- Normally works in an office area; howerver, project assignments may involve field work.
- Bachelor's degree in a recognized engineering discipline.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) is required.
- PLS-CADD experience required.
- Overhead distribution/transmission design or engineering experience is highly desireable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of engineering experience is required.
- Must be thoroughly knowledgeable in more advanced overhead distribution or transmission engineering concepts.
- Experience working under GO95 requirements is highly desireable.
- Uses a high degree on ingenuity, analyitical ability and judgement in identifying problems and impacts of complex engineering studies.
Area of Interest
Posting End Date
Jul 31, 2020