At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means we are creating a sustainable future by providing almost 45 percent of its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region's infrastructure for generations to come.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America's best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry's most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region's largest employers, we're always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best.
Performs analysis by reviewing financial documents. Works with entities to update lines of credit. Analyzes customer information to minimize delinquencies and write-offs. Identifies and captures the necessary data for business decisions. Recommends departmental procedures to improve operational efficiencies. Provides analytical support for special projects. May lead small to medium projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs analysis by reviewing financial documents. Works with entities to update lines of credit.
- Reviews and monitors forecast models to assess the business outlook of the organization.
- Analyzes to minimize delinquencies and write-offs. Identifies and captures the necessary data for business decisions.
- Recommends departmental procedures to improve operational efficiencies. Provides analytical support for special projects. May lead small to medium projects.
- Participates in the development of departmental objectives, strategies, financial plans, and performs special assignments as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, related field or equivalent training and experience is required.
- 5 years experience in credit and collections processes and regulations affecting these activities or closely related experience is required.
- Thorough knowledge of the credit and revenue collection processes and regulations affecting these activities.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Must be responsive to change, tactful and persuasive in handling individuals with diverse personalities and job knowledge.
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple demands.
- Requires effective communication, negotiation and follow through skills.
- Must have strong project management skills.
- Preferred knowledge of the work unit and its interaction with other SDG&E departments.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest
Posting End Date
Jul 27, 2020