At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means we are creating a sustainable future by providing almost 45 percent of its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region's infrastructure for generations to come.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America's best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry's most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region's largest employers, we're always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best.
Support San Diego Gas & Electric's (SDG&E) industrial hygiene program, including sampling, procedure/standard revision/development, budget, personnel training and oversight. Provide health and safety support to internal and external stakeholders/customers. Anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and recommend controls for environmental and physical hazards that can affect the health and well-being of employees, contractors and members of the public.
- Design, develop or revise and support the company-wide industrial hygiene program compliant with applicable regulations, laws and standards aligned with company goals. This will include the development/revision of the affected safety and health programs, providing industrial hygiene and safety on-demand consultation services, a company IH strategy, conducting training and communication, oversight and evaluation, and managing contracts with third party service providers.
- Provide health and safety support to the internal client groups and partner with affected departments/organizations and teams to schedule and conduct Industrial hygiene studies and sampling plans, including but not limited to, airborne chemical monitoring, noise monitoring, indoor air quality, asbestos and lead surveys. Track/interpret results, generate applicable reports and follow established recordkeeping practices.
- Conduct health and safety inspections, incident investigation and support corporate audits, as needed.
- Support the electric and gas business units and Safety Advisors and affected departments/organizations with any health and safety related concerns.
- Provide after-hours emergency response support, as needed, and on-call activities as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Hygiene, Safety Engineering, Industrial Safety or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant Industrial Hygiene and Safety experience required.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a fast paced, diverse setting with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple project budgets and deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing at all levels of the organization.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA Electrical Safety Order and requirements preferred.
- Proficient computer skills.