As a Tesla Maintenance Technician, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the operational availability of a wide array of manufacturing equipment. You will apply your technical skills to install, maintain and repair mechanical and electrical systems, factory automation and robotics. You will work with the highest caliber process and equipment engineering teams to improve equipment reliability and minimize or eliminate downtime. Tesla's Equipment Maintenance Technicians are also the first-responding problem solvers who manage machine breakdown recoveries to keep production running.
- Day to day coverage of production line equipment: respond to alarms, breakdowns, and Production requests quickly and efficiently to minimize downtime.
- Diagnoses equipment failures, finds root cause and communicates actions taken to the rest of the team.
- Become Journeyman Level on all machines in assigned area and be responsible for preventative maintenance, troubleshooting/repair, cleanliness and escalation of assigned equipment.
- Takes initiative to improve PM documents and schedules, under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor and Leads.
- Perform major equipment repairs and rebuilds, (some weekends and holidays required).
- Uses manufacturing systems effectively (MES, Spares Inventory, Issue Tracking).
- Work with Process and Equipment engineering and other cross-functional groups to resolve maintenance issues, improve equipment reliability, review procedures, and minimize equipment downtime.
- Recommends countermeasures to prevent repetitive breakdowns.
- Organizes and maintains a high degree of cleanliness in the maintenance area as well as performing spares inventory audits to ensure accuracy.
- Participates in TPM team while taking on small improvement projects to assist in improving the factory.
- Follows all aspects of Maintenance Safety protocol (LOTO, 5-S, Arc Flash, etc.), to ensure that the maintenance team operates safely at all times, always leading by example.
- AS/BS Degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Technology is preferred. 3+ years of experience maintaining industrial equipment and automation, or technical military experience in lieu of Degree.
- Strong Allen Bradley PLC experience highly desired.
- Fanuc and or Kuka robot experience a plus.
- Areas of specialization may include one or more of the following: electrical/electronics, mechanical/machining, or automation/PLC/robotics.
- Experience creating & maintaining a positive atmosphere in a collaborative work team.
- Ability to manage workload while contributing to a positive, team-oriented work environment.
- Skilled at troubleshooting automation, conveyance, and electromechanical systems.
- Skilled with the use of a variety of hand and portable tools, as well as general machining and welding.
- Skilled with common workplace software (MS Word, Excel. PowerPoint etc.)
- Able to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Willing to perform shift and overtime as required.
- Served in the United States Military strongly preferred.