The Material Handler will report to the Materials Supervisor and will be responsible for the movement of materials (inbound/outbound) to support production operations. Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success. The ideal candidate has a proven record of success in fast-paced environments. He/she must have the ability to work with and communicate with cross-functional teams. The successful candidate for this position takes pride in his/her hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. He/she appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
- Pick/pull/pack parts needed for Production and Manufacturing areas.
- Perform cycle counts.
- Work closely with Inventory Control and Quality Control teams.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of assigned tasks.
- Support Warehouse Team best practices at all times.
- Identify discrepant materials/components both in writing and verbally to supervisor.
- Complete tasks as directed by warehouse schedules and within standard times.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Physical work including but not limited to pushing, pulling, gripping, twisting, reaching, etc.
- Ability to follow a required specific sequence of steps in a process repetitively for an extended period of time.
- Demonstrated ability to perform standardized work process and defined work instructions.
- Evaluates the assembly processes and equipment to look for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills, comfortable presenting ideas and issues to peer groups and leaders.
- Positive energy and attitude are a must.
- Tesla Mission Driven.
- Computer skills are strongly preferred (use of Word, Excel & Outlook programs).
- High School diploma or equivalent, or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Must have a strong command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Must be reliable, have good initiative, be committed, and be quality focused.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs as needed.
- Ability to work with a team and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions.
- Must be reliable, have good initiative, committed, and quality focused.
- Ability to perform repetitious duties, including stairs and standing for long periods of time.
- Must have the ability to work quickly while maintaining a high level of craftsmanship and attention to detail.
- Current forklift certification strongly preferred.
- A valid U.S. driver’s license and acceptable driving record (subject to review).
- Previous parts and material handling experience preferred (1-3 years) with FedEx, DHL, 3PL, etc.