Requisition ID: 1320
Aethercomm designs and manufactures RF and Microwave amplifier modules, subsystems and systems. The majority of our work is custom. The reliability and effectiveness of thousands of Aethercomm products has been tested and proven in combat, helping to protect and save the lives of our warfighters.
Aethercomm is looking to fill a Junior RF Engineer position.
Scope: The purpose of this standard procedure is to establish and define the functional role, requirements, reporting relationships, authority, responsibilities and measurements of performance of a Junior RF Engineer at Aethercomm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Ensure that projects are completed accurately and on time.
· Maintain current and accurate design records.
· Prepare electronic designs as required to meet commitments of the company.
· Accurately simulate and predict the performance of microwave and RF circuits using tools such as Microwave Office/ADS, HFSS, PSPICE, and others as required.
· Development and testing of high power amplifier circuits using both simulation and laboratory work.
· Design specification compliant hardware to targeted cost goals, both NRE and RE.
· Ensure that there is written documentation of any potential financial or technical issues that may arise between customer and the company.
· Ensure effective communication among all parties involved in a project.
· Provides information regarding "as built" configuration as required for permanent records.
· Respond to customer inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within scope of knowledge or refer to an employee of higher classification.
· Assist with paraprofessional activities including design preparation and other related technical support.
· Provide engineering support to the test and production departments, as required.
· Ensure company compliance in accordance with AS9100.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A bachelor's degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university in the electronics or physics disciplines, or one to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Higher level mathematics such as calculus is also required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
MS Office, (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet software, Email, AutoCAD, Spice, PADS, AWR Microwave Office, and Ansoft HFSS.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job employee may be required to sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; lift and move objects weight up to 50 lbs; close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus; verbal communication; travel via car and airplane to client implementations, training and on site visits.
Must be a US Person and be able to obtain a US Security Clearance.
We offer excellent compensation, full benefits and a high visibility environment for fast track promotions and rewards.
Aethercomm offers a dynamic environment to create new products that are used to save lives.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Pay is DOE