At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means we are creating a sustainable future by providing almost 45 percent of its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region's infrastructure for generations to come.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America's best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry's most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region's largest employers, we're always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best.
Primary Purpose -
Provides overall management and direction for the people, process and technology components that are associated with the Company's Network, Desktop, Distributed Computing, Middleware, and Server environments including support for the development and integration of business solutions.
IT Infrastructure Technology supports mission critical business operations including electric system protection, gas pipeline operations, supervisory control, telemetry, customer service call centers, and dispatch functions for electric and gas operations. The highest system quality, reliability, and availability is essential to avoid impact to revenue activities, customer satisfaction, and safety.
Duties and Responsibilities -
- Within the technology scope defined above:
- Manages R & D activities.
- Project management and direction for Major enhancement and changes.
- Provides consulting services.
- Provides capacity planning.
- Provides 3rd level problem resolution.
- Designs and plans future direction.
- Ensures systems integration and interoperability, both internally and externally.
- Provides support for the Application Development Lifecycle.
- Manages system software maintenance, including version/release lifecycle management.
- Provides support to Strategy and Planning projects.
- Provides Disaster Recovery support, including design, planning, consultation and test support.
- Negotiates with vendors for the acquisition of new technology and services.
- Provides consultation and support towards the development of Service Level Agreements.
- Develops and recommends standards and guidelines in conjunction with Strategy & Planning.
- General management responsibilities include Budget, Staff, Safety.
Required Qualifications -
- Requires a Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 10 years' experience of relevant experience.
- Strong technical, business manager that can conceptualize technology that enables business processes.
- Ability to communicate technical information in understandable business terms.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong planning skills.
- Strong negotiation and persuading skills.
Desired Qualifications -
- A Masters level degree is desirable.
Directly related senior level experience in computer and communications technology.
Specific technical experience should include experience with computing hardware, system software system administration tools and monitors, reflecting an area of specialization that includes one or more of the following:
- Common best practices experience managing data networking technologies, including datacenter networks (core, virtual networking), LAN/WAN (routers, switching, wireless, virtual networking), routing protocols (BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, etc), application content (e.g. "load balancing") etc., Transmission (Microwave, mobile radio, LTE, circuit/trunking, ROADM, MPLS, SDWAN, VPN, copper cable plant, site management, etc.), tools (monitoring, management, automation), network security (firewalls, IPS/IDS, segmentation, MFA, etc)
- Common voice networking technologies, including call center, Voice Processing, PBX, ACD, voice-mail, IVR, trunking, LCR, call recording, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in compliance regulations affecting Information Technology (E.g., SOX, PCI, NERC CIP, etc)
Area of Interest
Posting End Date
Jun 21, 2020