Requisition ID: 1321
Aethercomm designs and manufactures RF and Microwave amplifier modules, subsystems and systems. The majority of our work is custom. The reliability and effectiveness of thousands of Aethercomm products has been tested and proven in combat, helping to protect and save the lives of our warfighters.
Aethercomm is looking to fill a Buyer III position.
Scope: The purpose of this standard procedure is to establish and define the functional role, requirements, reporting relationships, authority, responsibilities and measurements of performance of the Buyer III at Aethercomm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Receive Bills of Material and/or Material Availability Report and determine material needs.
· Quote and purchase all electronic components, hardware, metal fabricated parts, circuit boards and miscellaneous parts and materials as called out on the Bill of Materials (BOM’s).
· Communicate material status for each job with PPIC, Production, and Program Management.
· Communicate purchasing budget results for each job with Program Management.
· Receive database software reports; procure material requirements.
· Support all departments with direct and indirect material needs.
· Maintain close security of the company’s assets, including equipment and inventory.
· Partner with VP of Operations, Engineering, Test Supervisor, Production Supervisor and SMT Supervisor to resolve production-related issues.
· Control costs within the department.
· Ensure the proper scheduling of materials to meet production schedules.
· Ensure that any relevant reports are correct and provided on a timely basis.
· Partner with Quality to ensure that suppliers meet AS9100 standards.
· Ensure that the buying function is properly performed, and that timely information is available to the CFO, COO, VP of Operations, Engineering, Sales and the Program Managers.
· Manage subcontractors to ensure timely delivery.
· Schedule and track purchased items to support production schedule.
· Manage and prioritize suppliers, machine shops and board houses.
· Help manage cash flow and reduce costs by use of JIT deliveries, and volume buying, etc.
· Return non-conforming material, as required.
· Partner with stockroom to purchase material needs.
· Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
· Check email and voicemail daily and respond, as appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
MS Office, (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet software, Email and Epicor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be required to sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; lift and move objects weighing up to 30 lbs; close vision, distance vision, depth perception and visibility to adjust focus; verbal communication; travel via car and airplane to client implementations; training and onsite visits.
Must be a US Person and be able to obtain a US Security Clearance.
We offer excellent compensation, full benefits and a high visibility environment for fast track promotions and rewards.
Aethercomm offers a dynamic environment to create new products that are used to save lives.
In order to apply for this position, please visit our website: www.aethercomm.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Salary is DOE