Requisition ID: 1323
Aethercomm designs and manufactures RF and Microwave amplifier modules, subsystems and systems. The majority of our work is custom. The reliability and effectiveness of thousands of Aethercomm products has been tested and proven in combat, helping to protect and save the lives of our warfighters.
Aethercomm is looking to fill a Mechanical Engineer I position.
Scope: The purpose of this procedure is to establish and define the functional role, requirements, reporting relationships, authority, responsibilities and measurements of performance of the Mechanical Engineer I at Aethercomm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Experience using CAD tools (SolidWorks preferred) in the creation of complex electromechanical models, fabrication drawings and assembly drawings.
· Understanding of heat transfer and interested in its practical application particularly as it applies to electronics cooling.
· Exposure to advanced manufacturing processes such as additive manufacturing and composite structures.
· The ability to balance multiple projects and support operations personnel as issues arise during build.
· Communicate effectively using both oral and written communication during internal design reviews.
· Provide the necessary, planning, organization, leadership, inspiration, communication, and control to meet the operations goals of the company.
· Understanding of design lifecycle including design for manufacturability and test.
· Perform tolerance analysis as required to ensure intended assembly performance.
· Work with PCB designers to define the mechanical constraint drawings and related attributes of electronic modules and systems.
· Familiarity with GD&T and the ability to apply in the creation of fabrication drawings for mechanical parts IAW ANSI Y14.5M.
· Interact with the other Engineering disciplines, Sales, Business Development, Quality and Test to ensure seamless product integration.
· Attend meetings as needed, and prepare planning information to other members of the company.
· Familiarity with machine shop tools and some ability to fabricate or modify simple parts.
· Ability to attain a secret clearance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees are expected to undergo a combination of training, mentoring, and self-study to learn any required skill to perform listed duties and responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Engineering from a four-year college or university. Master’s degree preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Preferred Computer Skills:
MS Office, (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, VISIO), SolidWorks, SolidWorks Simulation tools, ANSYS Icepak, AutoCAD.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job employee may be required to sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; lift and move objects weight up to 50 lbs; close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus; verbal communication; travel via car and airplane to client implementations, training and on site visits.
Must be a US Person and be able to obtain a US Security Clearance.
We offer excellent compensation, full benefits and a high visibility environment for fast track promotions and rewards.
Aethercomm offers a dynamic environment to create new products that are used to save lives.
In order to apply for this position, please visit our website: www.aethercomm.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Salary is DOE